HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Red and Black Tablescape

A couple of weeks ago I shared with you my Little Birdie tablescape.  This is a variation of the same theme only I used these bold red and gray bowls from Home Goods and my red charger plates.  Home Goods sure didn't have much in the way of table linens but they had some beautiful tableware.

This is a great look for the season being that it's Valentine's Day and all.

It's simple and elegant at the same time, and if you remember my other tablescape, this was wrapping paper I used as a table runner.  I don't know why, but I think this is so much fun.  Much better than a paper tablecloth like we used to buy in the package for picnics.  Now that just gave me a crazy thought, a picnic table dressed in gorgeous wrapping paper.  Very romantic indeed.
I love this whole tone on tone look and it looks wonderful with this crackled pot with the beautiful French graphic.
Thanks for visiting.  Don't forget about the Ramsign give-away.  It ends on Wednesday evening.  Bon Appetit!

I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


9 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I love it, Maggie- There is nothing like black and white-it is always appealing and timeless- xo Diana

Peggy said...

Ah, black and white, my favorite...how pretty! peggy from PA

miss flibbertigibbet said...

LOVE those B&W plates! Pretty!

Nothing But Blue Skies... said...

Love those plates! What a great idea to use wrapping paper!

xo-Lisa

Bliss said...

I love it, but then again I'm partial to black.

Bliss

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Great colors and combinations! I do like your crackled finish French pot! Valentine's Day is coming quickly!

Ann, Heather and Sheila said...

Love the look! I've never thought about using wrapping papaer -- what a great idea.
Heather from Friendship, Life and Style

Unknown said...

Loved! this post.

Anonymous said...

I saw those bowls at HG and couldn't picture using them, but you have nailed it! Your table looks great! I think black, white and red is perfect for Valentine's Day, sophisticated yet romantic!
Jenna