HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Monday, January 28, 2013

Aqua Coffee Table

About a month ago I found a chair on Pinterest that I fell in love with and then I found this blue vintage coffee table that I thought I would try to copy the design on.
My table surface was a lot larger than the chair seat so the design appears much sparser on my table top, but I do like the look of the table with the new design.
This was the chair I fell in love with.  You can see the design is very detailed but it's on a much smaller surface.
I added an applique to add a little more detail.
I used some crackle medium to distress the surface.
Over all I am pretty pleased with the makeover and the finished look of the table reminds me of the Italian Florentine look that was so popular in the '60s.
 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'm linking this up to Debbie Doo's Copy Cat Challenge.
And don't forget about the Ramsign give-away.  I will pick the winner on January 31.
Pin It
I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
                                      Debbie Doo's Winter Knock Off Party

Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


9 comments:

Inmaculada said...

Maggie la bandeja es preciosa pero la silla me ha encantado.
besos.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love the soft blue color with the cream detail. Nice color combination!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Maggie! That chair is beautiful and I can see why you wanted to copy the design. Love the colors and the applique is always a great finishing touch in my book.

Susie said...

Maggie what can I say...have you ever made anything ugly?? That little table is sweet. I love the chair too. xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

It looks great- and it really does remind me of those 1960's tables- xo Diana

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

What a great way to 'enjoy' the chair! So pretty. :)

Pendra said...

Sweet! The color is gorgeous and love the sweet design!

Debbiedoos said...

Ohhh so pretty. I love the color. What a great knock off you did. Thanks for sharing.

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Love that color. Nice job Maggie. I think I like the pattern better on the tray - it's little less busy.