The dresser is a full six feet long which is pretty darn big considering I usually stick to smaller scale pieces. I started with a very bright aqua paint on the base of each piece and painted the tops old white. I should say my husband painted. I watched.
Going into the fall and winter months I didn't want this set to look too spring time, so after my husband did his magic, I did a light distressing around the edges of the top and the drawers. Then I used a Minwax gel stain and glazed the whole piece. I never have great luck with the dark waxes, and I feel I have more control wiping a regular stain back to the level I want.
When the glaze was finished and set up, we sprayed each piece with a heavy amount of clear coat spray to protect the finish. The hardware was left in its natural state and I think it adds to the vintage feel of the set.
Here are all the drawers waiting to be cleaned up and painted. The set turned out great and it's already at the shop waiting for a new home.
Thanks for your visit.
I may be partying at...
Fridays French Country Cottage My Romantic Home Miss Mustard Seed