HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

French Bakery Bin

I found this three-tiered stand last weekend at the flea market.  It was a Kendall Jackson display piece but it was in pretty rough shape.

 My husband painted it red for me and then I lettered it using a bakery sign I had seen on Pinterest for inspiration.
 I used a laurel wreath stencil that I recently acquired and instead of using it as a wreath, I basically used it as a parenthesis around the name of my make believe bakery.
 I used the same design on the top bin of the stand to add a little extra detail.
 Here is the stand as I found it.
 And here it is after it's recreation.  Thanks for your visits and your comments.  They are always appreciated.

I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
                                      Debbie Doo's Winter Knock Off Party

Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


22 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a find, and the redo is perfect...Hubby painting it....Priceless!!

Carol

Unknown said...

What a great piece!!!
And what a perfect transformation - love the stencilling!
XXX

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

love this piece. So different and you put your stamp on it.

NanaDiana said...

Maggie-What a GREAT piece. I really love it and the color and graphics suit it perfectly- xo Diana

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

Really nice and I love the shade of red. Lynda

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful makeover, Maggie! Love the stencils and that shade of red is very pretty.

Dawna (Stitches from the Tub) said...

Maggie, your creativity always amazes me. It is now such a fabulous piece. Kuddos.

Bliss said...

How cute is that!

Bliss

Jo Ann said...

Oh wo! I absolutl lovethat! Wish I could find something in my town like that and I adore red!

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh my! You just get better and better. What a great find and I also love the bench in the other post!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Somebody is going to have a fabulous display or storage piece. You've got it styled perfectly with red transferware!

Patty said...

More wonderful red. I like you Maggie! You did a wonderful job with this piece!

Pendra said...

Amazing transformation! Love the red and white...goes with your red and white transferware sooooo pretty! Love the name of your Bakery, beautiful lettering!
Hugs,
Pendra

Lisa said...

Well, as a baker and lover of all things French, all I can say is ooh la la!!! I adore this project! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven to say hi.
xo,
Lisa

Gail said...

Oh My Maggie, this turned out great! I LOVE the red on this piece. You find the neatest pieces to transform.
Enjoy your day, Gail

Linda at French Hollow said...

Maggie - this is gorgeous! What a fabulous upcycle.

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Looks great Maggie! I love the red shade you chose!

Unknown said...

Ok this is really cute! :)

Celestina Marie said...

Maggie this is fabulous. Love the red your hubby painted and your details are perfect. What a treasure.
Hugs
Celestina Marie

Unknown said...

Oh this is amazing!!!! Thanks so much for linking !
XO

Anonymous said...

The piece from the color to the graphics is so eye catching. Love it!
melinda

Beth said...

LOOOOOVE IT!! Such a treat to find something unique like that and then to make it into something that fabulous!