HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ottoman Makeover

Sunday I sold at the Topanga Vintage Market with two of my dealer friends.  One of them was going to take this little foot stool to the flea market because it had not sold at the store we are both dealers at.  It really is a very cute little piece with a nubby oatmeal colored upholstery but it was sort of plain looking.
You can see here what great shape it was in, but it wasn't very exciting.
I insisted she let me apply one of my Frenchy grain sack stencils to it to give it a little more pizazz.  I will confess the nubby fabric was a challenge, but the whole makeover took only 20 minutes.  Let's just call this week my bench makeover week starting with Friday's primitive red bench that I used this same stencil on, then this one, and I have two more little benches to work on.  The others will have a different twist.
I took it back to the shop today, and I do hope it will sell now.  Thanks for visiting.
Pin It
I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
                                      Debbie Doo's Winter Knock Off Party

Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best

Debbie Doos Winter Knock Off Party

8 comments:

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I love it! Such an improvement. And I like the cream stencil....very subtle...

NanaDiana said...

I'm betting that thing sprouts wings and flies out the door- xo Diana

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Oh yes, much better.

Okio B Designs said...

It looks fabulous now! Love it and would totally snatch it up!

Jeanine

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Love it! Now it well sell for sure!

Carol

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh Maggie. I do need to find your tricks of the trade. Love it!

Bliss said...

You know it's gonna go now.... from cute to cuter.

Bliss

chateau chic said...

Darling stool! I can't imaging it won't sell quickly.
Mary Alice