HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bon Appetit Tray

My inspiration for this tray came from something I found on a link party.  I apologize that I did not make a note of the blogger's name so if you happen to spot this post, please email me and I will amend the post to include your name.  I always give credit when credit is due.  The other project was not a tray, but I loved the red background and the white lettering.  This was the matching tray to my Paris letter box I previously posted.  I really didn't plan on making this a shabby tray, but the paint lifted off when I removed the painter's tape that I used to keep my lettering straight.  Soooo because of that, I just went with the flow and sanded and chipped it up some more.  I like the end result.  This is a very casual, relaxed feel and I'm all about that.
The tray was pale green before with little flowers painted all over it.  Quite nice, but a little outdated.
Now it has a totally new look and is ready for action.  I sealed it with Valspar clear spray in a flat finish.  As you can see, the paint chipped quite a bit more when I sanded it back, but now that it is sealed, it is good to go.

In case you are wondering who my friends are in the background, that is Jack and Jill.  I adopted these adorable cement puppies from a yard sale.  I brought them home and they have been my faithful watch dogs ever since.










Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special





2 comments:

Reunion Committee said...

SO sooo cute. I love it!!! Great job!
Tana

Debbiedoos said...

That turned out so cute. I thank you for sharing with my newbie party.