HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Signs of Paris

If you follow my blog at all, you may have noticed my absence since I returned from vacation.  When we first arrived home, I attributed my feelings to exhaustion from a very hectic itinerary on our cruise and then our weekend stay in London.  The truth is that two days before we disembarked from the ship, my husband and I both became ill with what we thought was the simple beginnings of a cold.  We persevered knowing that we had precious time to enjoy the sights of Paris and London and we didn't want to miss a thing.

 Here it is 12 days later and I am still in bed.  This is the first day I have felt there is light at the end of the tunnel.  That and the fact my daughter is threatening to take me to the doctor if I am not better today (I have not been to the doctor for illness in maybe 30 years?)  My husband is not far behind me either.  Our symptoms are simple ones such as my cough that is incessant and never seems to leave my side or my bronchi either.
I have heard that cruise ships can carry gnarly illnesses, but this being our 5th cruise, I thought we were immune.  Apparently not. 
 With unfinished projects laying about, I think it's time to get back to life as I know it albeit a little each day.  I have not even returned to the shop to work on my space for fear of contaminating the whole place.
 With all that said, I will just share a few pics I took in Paris.  You all know how I love lettering and typography. 
The sights of Paris did not disappoint me in the least.  I had not visited there since I was 18 which was many moons ago (okay, decades) and it was even better than I remembered.
 Would you believe every chocolate shop I passed by in Paris and London was closed?  What's up with that?  Maybe they heard I was coming and I would buy up all of their inventory.
 Here's to good health and not taking it for granted.  Had I been able to get my hands on some chocolate, maybe it would have boosted my immune system.  I have heard it's full of antioxidants.
I'm not sure what the above picture says, but I believe it to be a legislative building of some type.  Even it is incredibly beautiful.
 Thanks for staying tuned in.  I will be back in a jiff. 

13 comments:

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

Thank you for sharing your travels with us, again. Hope you start feeling better, soon!!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Oh no! What a terrible thing to bring home with you, hope you continue to feel better every day. Love your pictures!

Donna said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you and your hubby have been so sick, Maggie! I hope that you feel much better very soon! I didn't realize that you went on a cruise, too.! Great shots of Paris, too bad about the chocolate shops. Maybe because much of the city goes on vacation in August? That's what I've always heard any way. Hubby and I are headed to France in one week, can't wait!

One bolt short of a toolbox said...

Love the pictures, hope you feel better soon!

Jan @Door251.com

Pat C. said...

Oh, no! Poor Maggie!: (((( I hope that you and your husband will be completely better very soon!

Love the pics, especially the one of Pavillon, etc.

Sending healing (((hugs))).

srpprcrftr said...

Hope by now you're recovering, what a total bummer to get sick on a wonderful trip like that. Sure enjoy the pictures, they are spectacualar. Enjoying your pictures is only way I'll ever see Paris or London, except for episodes on HGTV House hunter, intl. lol. Ah well better than nothing. Take care of yourself.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I am so sorry that you got sick. I know several friends that have become ill on cruises. Legionnaire's Disease always comes to mind with the cough and bronchial thing. Please get checked if you aren't feeling better by tomorrow. That can be an insidious disease. 12 days is too long to be that sick- xo Diana

Bliss said...

Well it wouldn't be nice to say get up and get busy, so get well then get up and get busy! My husband had a weird virus/flu that settled in his muscles and made him a wet noodle full of pain. Said he'd never experienced anything like it.

~Bliss~

Gail said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well! Hope that you are back to your busy self really soon. Take care, Gail

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your trip sounds wonderful, but too bad it had to end that way. If you're not better soon, you could have a case of whooping cough which is making a big bad comeback! Take care.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Bummer, sounds like you caught the "Real" flu, lots of people say they have the flue, but it sounds like you have the real deal. If you are not better soon let your daughter drag you to the Dr. to check it is not pneumonia...OK now that I have played nurse Carol...I love your signs, they would be great to replicate some on old boards.

Carol

Cathy and Paul @One Creative Couple said...

Hope you feel better soon - selfishly, I miss your creative blog posts, but your pictures are lovely!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I'm Maggie,

I'm sorry to hear your ill. I hope your feeling better in no time.

Hugs,
Dee