HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chef Pierre

Let me introduce you to Chef Pierre.  I have had him for awhile and he came painted like a regular figurine that looked more like Chef Luigi.  I didn't like something about his skin coloring so I changed his whole look.  You can see Luigi at the end of the post.

 I've done this finish before, but this time I used a glaze to shade him instead of dark wax.  I think it worked just as well and I didn't have to get the gloves and the wax out.
 To start out, I sprayed Luigi with gray primer.  I came back and dry brushed some gesso on him.  The photo above is the primer with just the gesso.  Then I dry brushed him with Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue chalk paint.  Just a light dry brushing.  By this time, he was clearly becoming Pierre.  Next I took some Americana Glazing Medium that I purchased at Jo-Ann's in the acrylic craft paint section.  I mixed three parts glaze, one part Burnt Umber acrylic craft paint and a couple drops of water.  If you are in doubt, follow the directions on the glazing medium.  In the creases of Pierre's hat and coat, etc., I used a little extra Burnt Umber in the mix and shaded in the crevices.  I'll finish him with a clear coat to seal him.
 In the above photo you can see the dry brushing of the Duck Egg Blue.
 Now he goes with a lighter decorating palette.  His pan was kind of a rusted metal so I gave that the same treatment.  The below pic is of Luigi as he started out.

Thanks so much for dropping by.  Have a great day.
Pin It
I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants
                                     Faded Charm Cottage       Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    Fishtail Cottage
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity   Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


12 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

He looks worlds better. Awesome job.

Anne said...

Maggie,
He is smiling! You did a great job on his transformation!
xx
Anne

Shabby Gr8 Dane said...

What a difference, I like him with his new attire. Thanks for sharing.

Sherrie

NanaDiana said...

Oh- He's a honey! Love his new clothes! xo Diana

Sarah said...

Chef Pierre is darling. I like his new look!
Hope you are feeling better. I've had a good time tonight visiting all you post from Paris. Love seeing your photos.

Tina said...

I really love his new look. You did a great job.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I think Chef Pierre is so much happier when he looks in the mirror now!

Pat C. said...

I am so confused.: ( Did Chef Luigi become Chef Pierre, or are they two different chefs?

xoxo

Bliss said...

Serving up flowers to his beloved.

~Bliss~

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, what a difference, Maggie! I think he looks much better with his makeover!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love your chef! The paint made a big difference! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Unknown said...

Super cool!!!!!
Thanks so much for linking!!!
Gros bisous