HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

No Sew Ottoman with Stencil

 This is a postscript to this morning's blog post.  I just couldn't stand the blank canvas from my no sew ottoman so I used a stencil I purchased several months ago from Maison de Stencils.  I love this stencil and it was easy to use.  I poured a glob of pewter gray and a glob of gray taupe next to each other on my palette and instead of mixing them, I simply dabbed the stencil brush kind of in both colors using different parts of my brush.  I thought it would give it more of a worn faded look.  It's still pretty neutral, just not blank.

Furniture Feature Fridays















5 comments:

Bliss said...

That's what I was waiting to see! I knew you wouldn't leave it plain.

~Bliss~

Rebecca Nelson said...

I love it Little Miss Maggie!

xoRebecca

Charlotte Wilson said...

Hi Miss Maggie,

I think this stencil made it fabulous!

♥charlotte

Gypsy Heart said...

Love it! You are so creative.

xo
Pat

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

I love it!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday~ hope to see you again this week! :)