HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Friday, February 24, 2012

Clock Face CDs

Not too long ago, Kim from Cheap Chic Home did a post on clock face Cd's click here.  I have to admit I got a little giddy when I saw her post.  I am slightly obsessed with vintage clock faces, and I buy old clocks and sell a lot of them at my space at Aubergine Emporium.  I sell them as "prop value only" as so many of them plum don't work anymore or I don't want to warranty that they will work.  Nonetheless, there is something about the old faces that I find charming and reminiscent of times gone by.  Everything today is digital!  I guess other people find them to be equally as charming as I do since I sell every one I bring in.
So you are probably asking why am I copying Kim's idea, and rather blatantly I might add, is because I got everything I needed from her post, but I had a slight problem with the images, and if anyone else had this problem, I thought I would share how I remedied it.  I downloaded the images from Kim's post, and on my screen they looked fine.  When I went to print them, the sides were cut off and I no longer had my circle.  I simply went into my Word Pad on the computer, or whatever word processing system your computer comes with, and I opened a new file and labeled it.  I then went to the top and clicked on the picture icon.  It directed me to insert "picture from file."  I searched my pictures and found the image and imported that.  Once it was in my document, I right clicked on the image and a box appeared around the image.  I put my cursor on the little boxes around the image and adjusted the image in and out until it was the perfect size.  How did I know it was the perfect size?  I simply held the cd up to the screen and voila.  Perfecto!  I did this with each image, saved each file, and now I can set up my printing press and do a ton of these.  I love them scattered about.  Kim has used them in a couple of her vignettes since her post.  Thanks, Kim.
 Although I was sure my image was the "perfect size" I outlined my Cd's with black permanent marker in case I missed a tad attaching them to the cd.  I used re-positional spray glue.  Easy as pie.  I am sure Kim had a link to the original blogger that was kind enough to share the images, but I will include the link here as well click here.
Pin It

3 comments:

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Such a fun idea. I have an old French clock that doesn't work but I love the patina on it.

Bliss said...

Great.... now I can't throw away all those old worthless cd's I have littering my computer area. Those are cute!

~Bliss~

The Polka Dot Closet said...

That is such a cute idea, thanks for the heads up!

Carol