HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Music Sheet Tiara

I hosted a Royal Tea Party for a dear friend of mine over the summer and I made tiaras out of sheet music for all her ladies in waiting.  One of my favorite paper artists is Ashley Carter from Goldbug Studios.  She was the inspiration for my party favors.  I went to the party store and purchased some children's card stock tiaras that were a combination of a tiara-type crown and Mickey Mouse ears.  They were attached to a little silver head band that was very flexible so it could fit an adult.  I cut the ears off which left the rest of the paper-like tiara and created a sturdy base to apply the sheet music.  I cut the music in the same shape as the remaining card stock on the headbands and scalloped the top edge.  I cut two pieces of the music for each tiara.  Then I took my spray adhesive and sprayed one side of each piece of music and attached them to the front and back of the little crowns.  I rimmed them with glitter and proceeded to decorate with vintage pins, ribbons, trims and whatever I had that was a small scale.  I used tissue paper garland, rhinestones and printed a little banner reading Let Them Eat Cake.  I kept layering and layering until I got the result I wanted.  I purchased bobby pins so the ladies could wear them comfortably and they worked like a charm.  It's always fun to feel like a kid again when you are a grown-up?  Well, maybe I will never grow up. In essence, I am still playing with paper dolls.
 You can see in the following photo that the back of the little crown was covered with the music as well.
 I attached vintage ribbons and small flowers as streamers to finish off the project.  Of course, the guest of honor got to wear a real tiara, but being the artist that she is, I think she wanted one of these as well.  I chose this tiara to share with you today because I thought the colors would be great for a holiday tea as well.











2 comments:

Trisha said...

What a fun idea! I love a pretty tiara and this one is perfect for this time of year!

~Trisha

Lori said...

Thanks for the creative idea! I'm a new follower too. Come over and enter my Christmas giveaway.
Warm wishes, Lori