HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Friday, December 9, 2011

Steel Cabinet with Cubbies

This post is sort of a repeat of one I did last month, but my subject matter is a little different.  I have been a dealer in various antique malls for going on 11 years now.  When I first got into this business, I loved to sell "girlie" things that were pretty, feminine and pink.  I think you get the picture.  Somewhere along the line my tastes became much more eclectic.  For instance, now I rummage the salvage yards and flea markets for industrial stuff made from rugged manly man materials.  I still love my pretties, but somehow or another I have become attracted to the industrial revolution.  I love things like old metal advertising signs and cabinets, chippy wood windows and old wooden gates.  My antique spaces have evolved as time has marched on.  I still have the feminine stuff, but now there is a little more yin and yang. 
 This cabinet was found at a salvage yard.  I wish I could have kept her, but there was just no room.  Now she is on her way to a home in Malibu, California.  I hope she is happy there.  See, I still refer to my things as "she."  She is kind of feminine in her own way.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 She had tons or storage.  Wouldn't this make a great craft cabinet?
Furniture Feature Fridays


1 comment:

Carrie@comfortablycarriedaway said...

What a fabulous cabinet! I dream of finding something this gorgeous...I don't think I could have parted with it.