HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Art In Photography

I am feverishly working on some tutorials for my blog this week but got a little behind because we were gone for five days.  Tomorrow I should have some new material to share, but, as promised, my daughter took some artsy photos on our trip I wanted to share.  She just got an SLR camera (I'm green with envy, but wouldn't know what to do with it if I had one).  I, on the other hand, am still learning to blog so I can only master one thing at a time.  The above and below photos are of the fabulous chandeliers at the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley, California.  In fact, all of these are except the pickup truck and the store front window you will see below.
 I love how the side of the pickup truck reflects the Boston Ivy growing on the adjacent wall.  This is a wonderful photograph.  I think it does this vintage vehicle justice.
 The photo below is a carving on the front of a side board in the dining room at the Claremont.  I love the detail.
 This photo of the entry gate reminds me of yesteryear's Hollywood glamour. 
 This next one is a little eerie.  It is a store window in St. Helena.  It is on the main drag in town and is called Napa Vintage Home.  They had incredible holiday decor.  The tree in this window, which is barely visible, is a very tall tomato cage wrapped with honeysuckle vine and then lit with clear mini lights.  I must try that next year.
 The last photo is another chandelier from the Claremont.  These were magnificent in the lobby of the hotel.  There were about six of them and they are enormous.  I hope you enjoyed these as much as I did.  I think my daughter did a fabulous job.

No comments: