HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chalkboard Art and Hot Fun in the Summertime Blog Party


Today was a crazy day.  I had to go downtown to work (Los Angeles).  What should have taken me an hour to accomplish tied up my day from 9:30 to 1:00.  The L.A. gift show is going on and I always like to go and see what is trending since I do sell my wares albeit vintage wares.  We all know what's hot right now may be totally out in three months.  I took my camera and snuck a few pics to share with you.  I also placed a couple small orders which I don't have time to go into now. 

So far this week I am still obsessive about chalkboard art and I found three examples in window displays I was able to capture a photo of.  The first one appears to be Halloweenish.  I didn't realize until I got home it was a skull.  Not really my type of Halloween decor, but I know lots of people who eat this stuff up and love it so I'm sharing it with you.

Isn't this next one unbelievable?  Oh if I could only draw.  This is a beautiful example of Spencerian calligraphy.
This next photo was another window of a showroom with some super cute subway art signs and some colored chalk designs.

And here are a couple of "interesting" display windows.  Not really sure what they were advertising, but I thought they were kind of artsy looking.  Some of these things might be cute hanging from a pot rack.  They are hung on burlap ribbon and strings and rope.

Isn't it crazy how the creative mind works?

Okay, I'm late for my own blog party so I better get to hopping and skipping.  Do I need to tell you the rules?  Please do not link up any blog parties or Etsy sites.  Place a link back.  The blog button on my side bar that looks like this one below has the code.  This is the final linky party for Hot Fun in the Summertime so if you want to be a part of this, now is the time.  Besides we love seeing what you have to show off.

6 comments:

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I love to see what's trending too...it makes a difference in what folks are interested in, even if it's vintage things! I can't imagine LA traffic....and I think it's bad here in a resort town!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Art comes in so many forms!
Brenda

NanaDiana said...

What fun works of art. That last one HAS to be a kitchen gadget store! xo Diana

White Lace and Promises said...

I do love the chalkpainted window display and the handing kitchenware gives me an idea for my shop. I'll post if I try it.
Thanks for the ideas.

Unknown said...

Wow, you saw some really neat art!! Thank you so much for hosting!! :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Loving that chalkboard art! The first one would be really cool at Halloween!