HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Welcome Fall

Today is officially fall or autumn or whatever you want to call it and I say come on in!  Our temperatures are still in the high 90's and I guess this is called Indian summer, but I am so ready for cooler temperatures.  I'm itching to get back out to the garden and start trimming back before winter sets in.

Today I did four variations of this table.  I love these little fruit plates so much, I have had them hanging on my wall for umpteen years.  I promise next week to tell you what the maker's mark is on the back, but right now I'm lucky to get a post out today.  Believe me, you will see them again.
This week I paired my favorite green plates with gold chargers and amber stemware that was my mother's wedding crystal.  I brought out some red and green pears and placed them in this gorgeous amber bowl.
I love to use little stacks of books with ribbons tied around them.  I sat my little garden frog on these.  He's peaking out at us.
I also invited my little flying pig from the front porch.  He has his welcome sign ready to greet fall with a bang.
As for this bottle of red wine I put on the table, I don't even drink red wine, but I have been known to buy wine because I love the label.  I couldn't resist this one with the animal lawyers.  After all, I am a court reporter, and I this was too cute to pass up.  Isn't the label wonderful?
I used paper napkins today.  These are fabulous and so perfect for the season too. 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Fall everyone!

I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants
                                     Faded Charm Cottage       Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday   Fishtail Cottage
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity   Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


11 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

Just lovely tablescape. I don't know how you girls do it. I wonder if I could create some kind of junkie tablescape because that's really all I have. You girls are making me want to look for some pretty dishes. I really only have white and I'm thinking I need some color:)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

We have been having low temps. in the mornings here in the high 40's and low 50's!! I am so loving the cooler temp.'s.
Love those apple dishes!!

Hugs,
Deb

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

High 90's?! Our heat is out this morning and it's 60 degrees INSIDE our house!

Lovely table setting! I love the graphic design of the wine label, too.

Anne said...

Maggie,
Pretty tablescape! It was in the 40's most the day yesterday.I think it may be in the 50's today.Yep feels like fall around here!
xx
Anne

Bliss said...

I'd be looking forward to Winter too if I could have a Southern California one!

~Bliss~

Pat C. said...

Very pretty, Maggie! I'm picking up a Tuscan vibe, which is perfect for this time of year. I love Froggie's perch and the red-handled flatware.: )

xoxo

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Maggie,
What a beautiful tablescape to enjoy in this wonderful fall weather. Stop by on Monday...you will be featured at my party this week.

Blessings,
Linda

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Gorgeous Maggie! Your flying pig is too cute. I adore your beautiful tablescape. Super looking dishes you have.

Dee

Elizabeth said...

Love this tablescape. True Indian Summer from the West coast to the East Coast. I am a recent retiree from the North Carolina Judicial System, working with judges, lawyers and court reporters every day, so i can appreciate the wine label. Ha!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!
Blessings My Friend,

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Hey Maggie, I make framed art from wine labels. Send me the bottle - empty or full and I will make something for you!