HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Monday, September 24, 2012

Seeking Happiness

Today I went through more of my stash and pulled out projects to start, but I wanted to share some of the wonderful things I found this weekend in my travels.  The first one is this over-sized canvas.  I love red and I love anything with cherries on it so, of course, I had to have this.  It's already in my space.

 My second fabulous find was this pig that is approximately 28 inches long.  Isn't he wonderful?  If he doesn't sell the way he is, I will paint him with chalkboard paint and paint those butcher markings on him, but he's already at the shop as well.  He's quite the conversation piece.
 I also acquired a whole bin of older silver pieces a while back so I spent a couple hours yesterday polishing, polishing and polishing.  I know highly polished silver isn't in vogue right now, and most people like a little tarnish, but maybe by the holidays I'll get there with this collection.  I took all of this out to my space yesterday as well.  Let's just say I've been very busy with my treasures.

Hope you all are enjoying cooler weather.  Thanks for dropping by.


I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants
                                     Faded Charm Cottage       Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    Fishtail Cottage
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity   Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Maggie, I think the cherry sign is a Ballard's Design if I'm not mistaken. I was going to re-create that a LONG time ago. LOVE the piggy : )

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Oh my those are great treasures!

Dee

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Love your new canvas! I've eyed that piece up myself in a smaller size at Target. Very fun. And speaking of fun, I'll bet the dealers are having fun with Miss Piggy...or is it Mr? Your silver pieces will sparkle just in time for Christmas shoppers. :@

Pat C. said...

What a wonderful canvas--red is my favorite color.: ) And I love the pig! Have you named him yet?

The silver looks beautiful! I'm one of those increasingly few people who prefer shiny silver, at least on pieces that will actually come into contact with food. I can't believe how much you polished in one session!

xoxo

Anne said...

Great treasures!!! I have a big similar to yours.Except mine is a piggy bank with hand painted roses on the side!
xx
Anne

Bliss said...

Pinning the sign.

~Bliss~