HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Patriotic Nibbles

This week's tablescape is very informal and easy to do for light fare before the firework's display.  When we have holiday dinners, I always set up a buffet so my family can pick and choose what they like so for today I was actually inspired by some pretty paper goods I found at the market last week.  I stacked them randomly, stuck some silverware in a jar and the mood was very casual.  For the flowers, I found two clear round flower containers at a yard sale, one smaller than the other.  The small one holds the flowers and then I put small strawberries in between the two glass surfaces.  I even found strawberries at the 99 cent store along with my flags.

 I tried a new recipe for the potato salad that had bacon in it and I placed that in individual plastic cups.
 I saw this idea for the strawberries on someone's blog and fell in love with them.  I'm so sorry I can't find where I wrote it down so if you see this, please email me and I will include your name in the post.  Aren't they pretty?  The blue sugar and the white chocolate came from Michael's.  They both are by Wilton.
I grilled some small ears of corn on the cob with garlic butter, threw some marinated mozzarella in with some tiny tomatoes and basil to make a Caprese salad.   The little pigs in a blanket came from Trader Joe's as did the lemon cake we put some blueberries on.  The brownies came already done from Smart & Final.
 You can't get any easier than this and nobody left hungry.
 I'm sure you all have your own special way of celebrating and I look forward to seeing all the blog posts this week to get even more ideas.
 Hoping you all have a safe and wonderful 4th of July.
 God bless America!
 The land of the free because of the brave.

 And God bless all our service men and women.  We wish them all a safe return home.
I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs        The Graphics Fairy     Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants        Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    Fishtail Cottage
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings     Between Naps on the Porth
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity   Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           It's Overflowing

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a great celebratory dinner/lunch you have here. I love it all..especially the dipped strawberries- I am definitely going to do that- Hope you have a great Sunday-xo Diana

Susie said...

Your table looks so sweet and I know my daughter would love the strawberries. I saw those on someone post also. You really made a great feast. Smiles, Susie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

A perfect menu for a 4th of July party, Maggie! Everything looks patriotic and delicious. : ) I have got to get to the Trader Joe's here. Just need to find it.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Yummy! I love Trader Joe's and wish we had one close to us. I've had those strawberries before- delish!

Anne said...

Maggie,
Beautiful post and beautiful setting to.It all looks delicious!
Happy Fourth of July!
(((Hugs)))
Anne

Bliss said...

You are always taunting me with food. Just added corn on the cob to my grocery list.

~Bliss~

Unknown said...

Belles préparations, bravo.

karen@somewhatquirky said...

That cake is making my mouth water. Lovely as always Maggie.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Maggie,

Wow! That is some spread of goodies!!

Dee

Something Special said...

Beautiful and yummy buffet. Wow you did it us so beautifully. Those dipped strawberries look so yummy with the blue sugar. That potato salad makes me hungry!

Something Special said...

Beautiful and yummy buffet. Wow you did it us so beautifully. Those dipped strawberries look so yummy with the blue sugar. That potato salad makes me hungry!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a wonderful spread. I can be over in 20.
Everything looks delicious.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, this is stunning. Your decor is gorgeous and all the food is so beautiful and specially prepared. I am totally impressed. My idea of easy is to order pizza. This is wonderful. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty