HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pretty Planters Experiment

If you have been following my blog at all, you know I share my successes and my failures.  This was a huge flop, although a pretty one.
I tried to transfer the color images onto the white-washed pots with a splendid blender which I am going to start experimenting with a lot.  It didn't work.  I don't have a color laser printer may be the reason.  So plan B was to just decoupage these beautiful images onto the pots.  The image on the left is a Graphics Fairy image.  Isn't it absolutely gorgeous?  I typed in old roses and this one came up.
Next I tried my wax paper transfer method which I have been very successful with.  Well, not this time.  It slid around on the curved pots and smeared and....well, a picture is worth a thousand words.   The reason I wanted to go over the decoupaged image with the typography was to get a very aged effect.
 If you like the rose image below, I just did an Internet Yahoo search and typed in old roses and clicked on images and there I found this beauty as well.  If nothing else, I shared some pretty images today.  I will not give up on this.  Oh, no.  I will be back with a success story very soon.  Thanks for your visit.  I love having you.
Pin It

I'm partying at...


Mondays          The House in the Roses       Debbie Doos         The Graphics Fairy
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage   
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style           Primp         Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild     It's So Very Cheri Bloghop     Ivy and Elephants
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Tablescape Thursday
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors



24 comments:

miss flibbertigibbet said...

You're right, you need a laser printer to use the Splendid Blender. They actually look pretty though! Wouldn't it be nice to have LOTS of room and money and have a big laser printer in the back room for those inspired moments? LOL
Blessings, Lorraine

Kirby Carespodi said...

I agree with flibberti--if I win the lottery, I'll share my big laser printer!

Maelchen said...

You know, Maggie, I find the blurred image not too bad really! If you give it a wash of light white paint you might get he aged look that you wanted... Anyway, thanks for sharing! We all learn from failures, too! Greets, Manu

NanaDiana said...

You know...I kinda really LIKE that old blurred image. It looks great to me even like that! I'll wait to see what you come up with next. xo Diana

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Maggie I think these came out beautiful! It seems it is a success after all!!

Anne said...

I agree I actually like the blurred image.I have a enamel bucket I just bought at a sale a month ago.It has a blurred drippy image in it.I saw it and found it to be pretty.After I picked up that bucket several people wanted it too.
Anne

Anonymous said...

Maggie, Your pots look pretty! Even if you deem them a failure. :-) I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Please stop by when you get a moment to check it out. Hope you have a great night!
Sharla

Nothing But Blue Skies... said...

I think they look really pretty!! I would not consider them a failure at all!
xo-Lisa

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Maggie,

I like the blurred image. I think as artist we are to hard on ourselves. I would call this project a win!

Dee

sue said...

I agree with Dee, we are too hard on ourselves. I know I'm sooo critcal of my own work.

I really think you could do something with the blurred images. They have a nice romantic look to them.

A laser printer is on my wish list too, right after the vinyl cutting machine..

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Wow they are beautiful!!!

Barbara Jean said...

I love that pot on the left with roses and writing. is that the booboo one??
I think it is great.

hugs and blessings
barbara jean

Fishtail Cottage said...

love love love these! so pretty!

Mumzie said...

I really like them! Actually, I love them. Hugs, Yvonne

Cynthia said...

I think these look beautiful! And as another has already commented, I could see just a light wash of white and it would probably be perfect. Nice job already, though.

Stacey said...

Totally gorgeous and utterly inspiring.
I want to go out and get planting right now!

Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party at Embracing Change!
So happy you were here!
Stacey

Decor & Harmony said...

Little Miss Maggie, the pots look good to me :) Congrats on your feature Embracing Change - I'm your newest follower stop by for a blog visit.

Stacey said...

Featured you today! Come see and grab a button while you are there! Thanks for linking up!
Stacey of Embracing Change

TeaLover said...

Hi there Little Miss Maggie, I love your beautiful roses.. Roses and Pink take me to a happy calm place. Thanks, Tillie

Suzee said...

I love your pots, Maggie! After perusing your blog, I find you to be amazingly talented and your husband sounds like an excellent partner. I especially loved your black and red tablescape and the "chalkboard" ironing board. Thanks for sharing.
Suzee - Claremont, CA

Unknown said...

These are Beautiful! Do you have a link to the image from the Graphic Fairy? I tried looking on her site, and can't find it! Thanks!

Marta said...

Me encanta como te quedaron los dos trabajos.
Estoy buscando esa imagen y he ido al blog de Graficos de las Hadas y no la encuentro, ¿me podrias indicar donde la puedo encontrar?.
Muchas gracias de antemano.
Saludos desde España

Mary Lindsay said...

I love the blurred one it's just so romantic

Mary Lindsay said...

I love the blurred one it's just so romantic