HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Flower Girl on Cabinet

I purchased this wonderful vintage cabinet from a friend of mine who is turning her guest room into an office.  It was all white and was missing the back.  She used it for a TV cabinet.
I applied two images of the same beautiful woman carrying a flower basket.  I think she almost looks Grecian.  
I cut the images into an oval shape and applied them to the doors.  I knew I would never be able to cut my paper to match the curves in the top of the doors.  After I removed all the paper from the image, I used my acrylic paints and color washed around the oval transfers to blend in with the background colors in my image.  
It's not perfect and I have to work on this technique but I do love the finished cabinet.  I trimmed it out in dark slate gray and gold and then gave it a good healthy sanding to distress the piece.
My handy husband added a back and a shelf to make this a more functional piece for storage.

Thanks so much for your visit.

I may be partying at...
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style   Ivy and Elephants
                                                   
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Common Ground
                                   

9 comments:

karen@somewhatquirky said...

It's so pretty Maggie! I love the trim on this piece. Grey and cream is my new favorite color combo. Did you do a straight decoupage on this piece?

NanaDiana said...

What a gorgeous piece. That is the perfect image for the front of it. I love it, Maggie- xo Diana

Createology said...

This is lovely and how wonderful that you were able to save and utilize this little gem of a cabinet. Creative Bliss...

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It's beautiful, Maggie! What a great cabinet. Love, love how you did the images. I think you did a good job on the color around the images.

White Lace and Promises said...

Love the gray and cream distressing and what a great solid piece with such detail!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Beautiful! I love how you painted it and the images are so pretty.

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Stunning! Your creativity is amazing and inspiring!!! Love how you blended the area around the oval transfers. Thanks for sharing~~~

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Love what you have done with this. Don't be critical of your work I think you did a masterful job. So pretty! Where did you got the lady pictures? They are so lovely.
I often see a piece like this at local auctions. Now I'll have to bid on one. Thanks for the ideas. ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Unknown said...

OMG Maggie - this is incredible!!!
You talk about my big pieces and you do this???
I couldn't master the pieces you do
This is truly a work of art!
XOXO