HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Monday, May 21, 2012

Take Notes

Here is an easy inexpensive project for making fun notebooks.  You may be hosting an event where people need to take notes or do sketches or cut and paste pictures into a notebook.  Start with an inexpensive composition notebook.  I bought these at the market for 1.99 but you can probably find them at the Dollar Store too.
 The two covers I used are Graphics Fairy images as well as the script I used on the back of the notebook.  I just made my copies to fit, cut out the shape.  The notebooks come with a black binding already.  I used spray glue to attach the image to the notebook.
 Super easy, super quick, super inexpensive.
I instantly fell in love with the image above the moment I saw it and knew I wanted to do something fun with it  click here.  Then recently she shared this next one and I had a pair of images to work with.
 Happy crafting.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I always enjoy your visits.
Pin It

I'm partying at...


Mondays          The House in the Roses       Le Chateau des Fleurs        The Graphics Fairy
                                      Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants        Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           It's Overflowing

13 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Maggie! I love the blue colored one.

srpprcrftr said...

Aaaaaahhhhhh love those notebooks. Think I can get the composition books for $1. at $tree, yay. What kind of paper did you use to print the images on? I love that. Think I might make some for granddaughters when school ready to start again. Have to find out what kind of notebooks they have to have. One granddaughter in high school. Youngest in middle school.

Every time I visit your blog I come away so inspired. Thanks. Enjoy your blog immensely. Hope you have a great week.

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Love those Maggie! So vintage!
Blessings, Lorraine

NanaDiana said...

I love those notebooks. I keep those for everything but have never covered one before. What a sweet idea- xo Diana

Patricia said...

What a brilliant idea and it looks so good. Will try this myself soon.

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Great way to turn an ugly notebook into a beauty. I would love to keep my "lists" in one of these.

Pat said...

Looked and looked for the "Presented to" graphic on Graphic Fairie's site to no avail....can you link to it? I love your notebooks........really great! Thank you!

Pat said...

Looked and looked for the "Presented to" graphic on Graphic Fairie's site to no avail....can you link to it? I love your notebooks........really great! Thank you!

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

Love these vintage covers. I did something similar on my blog, but used maps and made them travel books.

Cynthia said...

Excellent use of The Graphics Fairy images. I love that blog, too and am always looking at the great things people make. These are really cool!

My Creatively Vintage Life said...

Hi Maggie. I absolutely LOVE these and think I will try them myself. I am in love with journals. visiting you from www.mycreativelyvintagelife.com and www.thepickinpair.com. Now following you as well.

Laura said...

I love these- the vintage prints are awesome as covers! I would never have thought to use a print to cover a notebook!

Stacey said...

Cool idea - much better than the black and white cover it usually has :o)
Stacey of Embracing Change