HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Great Textural Wall

Right before the shop I am a dealer at opened, my family took a trip to Northern California and my daughter and I came upon a beautiful gift/antique store that had cement floors and a lacy design on the floor.  I asked the shop owner how she achieved the look and she said she used old lace table clothes.  She arranged them on the floor like area rugs and painted over the pattern.  When Pat and Jeannie opened the store, they did a huge wall with different shaped table clothes and colors.  The customers love the wall and it's gotten a lot of comments over the years.  If you have an ugly floor or wall you want to do something creative with, you may want to try this idea.  You can still hang things on the wall and when you take the items down, you still have a perfectly patterned background.

No comments: