HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Adventures in Napa, California

We are finally home after a very long day's drive.  I have not had internet service for a couple of days and have been nearly going crazy.  Funny how we come to rely on these things.  Before I get back into my tutorial projects, I wanted to share some of the beautiful scenery we enjoyed over the weekend.  Below is the entrance setting to Chandon's Winery.  Magical isn't it?
 The next two swan photos are from our hotel.  There was a mini lake with white and black swans and various ducks.  I felt like I was transformed to another land.

 Driving down the highway we found this fabulous pumpkin patch.  All the pumpkins were growing in raised beds.  This was part of a market's garden.  It was magnificent.
 Lemonade anyone?  They make it fresh every day.
 All of their produce was organic.
 Further up the road we found an old pickup truck with more pumpkins.  Just like something out of a movie.
 Everywhere you look, the scenery is breathtaking.  You can see for miles and miles.
 I never tire of the views, and each season brings a new look.

No comments: