I'm trying new things for our upcoming flea market in two weeks, and while empty frames are big sellers, these were not vintage enough for me to sell as a vintage frame. They were originally silver and I didn't think that would sell either.
The frames got two quick coats of Old White. I went to Joann's and found foam core board that was the exact dimension as my frames. Then I purchased a small roll of thin cork board and some thin batting. I love this fabric with the French graphics and typography. It was on sale for $5 a yard in the home decor section.
I glued a layer of the cork over the foam core board and then glued a thin layer of the batting on top of that. Then I cut the fabric and tacky glued it onto the layered pieces. When everything was dry, I tucked it into the frame and backed it with the cardboard that was the original back piece when I found the frames. I used heavy mailing tape to keep it attached to the frame and then I cut and glued mailing paper purchased from Walmart onto the back of each frame to hide all my previous work.
I found some pretty pearlescent stick pins in the bridal section of Joann's and I will put them in a pretty cellophane bag and sell them with the bulletin boards.
This was a fairly easy project. Each step took very little time, but with a few steps to complete it was a work in progress for a few days. I love the way they came out. These are perfect for a craft room.
Thanks for stopping by.
I may be partying at...
Wednesdays Savvy Southern Style Ivy and Elephants
Fridays French Country Cottage My Romantic Home Miss Mustard Seed
Potpourri Friday Common Ground
The Charm of Home Rooted in Thyme