HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Retro Table Le Grand

This was a simple makeover.  I love the clean lines of this little desk table.  It would be a great nightstand.  It started out as a wood table.  My husband painted it Old White and I added some black and white French graphics to the top.  The knob was broken so I used a black glass knob.  
I thought the black knob added a little more sophistication than the plain wood knob that it came with.
I used my go-to transfer method, the reverse Mod Podge.  You can see the tutorial here.   It's inexpensive, easy and quick.
Here are the images I used.  I found them on Pinterest.
After doing several of these reverse transfers, I have learned a few tricks.  If you find that you have a bit of paper fuzz left after you remove the paper, use light sand paper to just knock off the fine layer on the top of the image.  Then use a little clear wax.  The wax brings back the crispness of the image.  I always seal my projects with Deft Satin lacquer.  It leaves a nice smooth finish.
Happy New Year.  Thanks for taking a peak.

I may be partying at...


Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                     Common Ground
                                  

13 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

Maggie,
Sweet table. Hope your new year is a happy one with hope, health, and promise.

May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You,

Bonnie

Deb Hrabik said...

What a crisp and clean transfer! I pinned your tutorial. I haven't tried the laser copy, just the ink jet. Thanks for sharing!
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

Really cute table, Maggie. You find the neatest pieces! Lynda

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You are the master of design transfer, Maggie! Nicely done, and the black glass knob really dresses up your table.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Maggie! I love the images you used.

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

You are fantastic at reverse Mod Podge. This cute little table looks as if it were stenciled! Pinned the graphics to my board Words...thanks. Best~~~Mickie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

As always Maggie...It's perfect! Wish I had someone to paint my furniture lol!

Carol

Donna said...

What a beautiful table, Maggie! The graphic is tres chic, and I love the glass knob you added. You sure are a pro with the image transfer technique! I've not tried in ages, as I never had any luck with it. But seeing all of your pretty pieces almost makes me want to try again:)

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

love your blog and the work you do with your makeovers. I've added you to my bloglist so I don't miss a post!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Simple is good! In this case, it's also beautiful!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

It's beautiful Maggie. You’re so good with Mod Podge.

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Love it. You did an amazing job with that gorgeous table.

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Beautiful table! So you use the Deft over the wax? I think you told me you use the spray?