HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Poodle Party

A couple of weeks ago I shared this poodle skirt table topper I made out of felt.  This was a total no sew project.  I suggested it would be great in a teen's room or little girl's room, but today I am doing a tablescape with it.  I found this tissue paper pom pom kit by Martha Stewart at a yard sale.  I can't believe how easy these are to do.

 My resident baker was unavailable to help me with these cute layer cakes that were Pinterest inspired, so left to fend for myself, they are sort of leaning towers, but I think they are adorable.  At least the ones on Pinterest were.
 The Paris plates came from Home Goods, and I think the black and white is perfect with this theme.  I have had them for a few months and have shared them with you before. 

Now, as much as I would love to take credit for this tablescape theme, years ago my friend Judi did a 50's tea party and she used old phonograph records as the charger plates.  Cute, huh?  Well, I picked up a couple for a dollar a couple of weeks ago and I can't remember where I put them.  But if you want to use this idea, the albums were way cute!
 My daughter purchased the little poodle picks about a year ago especially for a tablescape theme and I have been hoarding saving them ever since.
 The cookies are store bought vanilla wafers that I dipped in pink candy coating.  These were so easy and another idea I got off of Pinterest.
 How long has it been since you've had a Hostess pink snowball?  It's been years for me, but I thought they were so apropos for the occasion.
 This was my birthday card from my daughter this year.  It was also a perfect accessory for today's table.  An invitation like this would be spectacular!
Of course, I had to add some itty-bitty polka dots and some applique pink poodles too.  Thanks for stopping by.  Help yourself to the cake if you dare.   I'm clearly not the baker around here.

I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


9 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Maggie-That is really, really cute. I have seen the record as a charger somewhere before, too, and thought it was a really sweet idea. Your little cakes are just darling. Blessings to you- xo Diana

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Ok, that is the cutest thing ever!! I think your cakes look great and of course I love the table cloth, plates, pom, poms....It all cam together perfect!!!

Carol

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

So cute!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oooh-la-la! Such a pretty table, Maggie! Love the French themed plates. Your cakes look fine to me. Not being a baker either, I'm just glad when things taste good!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I'm going to put this on my list of things to do with granddaughters. And on top of the list will be the pink snowballs. Yes. One of my favorite foods. :@

Bliss said...

Dam cute. I have a poodle skirt that doesn't fit anymore, so I'd have to wear it to the party as a hat.

Bliss

Chubby Chieque said...

Adorable setting and I love the colour combo.

Greetings from dark Stockholm City,
/CC

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

This is so cute. I saw those plates at Home Goods. It was hard to pass them up! They are so cute. I love the poodle skirt tablecloth!

Tea in Texas said...

Very Stylish! The poodle table topper is the perfect basis for this whimiscal table! The darling poodles are certainly walking the streets of Paris. The pink pom poms add lightness to your tablescape. Cute Birthday card!

Thanks, Pam