Yesterday I shared with you that I made a mold out of an antique metal applique. Today I tried to make two castings that are drying at this very moment. I'm not sure they are going to work though. I used paper clay, and I'm not sure that will be any better than plaster of Paris. The appliques I have been using are durable enough to hold up outdoors. The mold is good, but maybe I will try some Sculpey to create another casting.
If any of you have some ideas, please let me know. I will not give up on this process and will keep you posted. The paper clay takes one to three days to cure.
The top of my casting has some nice detail, but I think the applique I was trying to duplicate is warped and the bottom did not turn out well at all.