HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Monday, July 2, 2012

Flea Market Treasures

Yesterday I went to one of my favorite flea markets to pick up some furniture for my space at Aubergine Emporium.  I spotted a space that was selling a lot of little items and decided to take a look.  I already took the large smalls to the shop and forgot to photograph them but here are some of my goodies.  I love vintage ephemera items, anything with advertising and I love personal items like old perfume bottles with graphics etc.  I also love typography.  So here is a sampling of what I found.

Two vintage powder boxes.  I love the graphics on these.


 This old bottle with a fabulous logo.
 Old books with charming covers are another of my favorites.  This one is particularly beautiful.  I love the soft muted colors.
 Another powder box.  A pretty blue with a beautiful lady.
 I am in love with this teal aqua color.  I can't get enough of it.  I bought this for the design on the front to give me some sign inspiration. 
 The cover and the front page read "New Orleans, The Paris of America."  How cool is that?  I love anything French and this is pretty close in my book.
 Here is a fully intact box of vintage wallpaper border.
 I found five of these vintage boxes with the bottles.  I'm crazy about the typography and the coloration.
Aren't these bottles fabulous?
This squirrel is off of a larger piece, but this is what was left and he is adorable.
 Another vintage bottle with a stamped logo.
 This is an old beauty consultant's case.  It's in great condition except the label on the opposite side of the box is torn, but still the case is wonderful.
 This is the flip side.  I bought the coolest green dresser yesterday too and I didn't even get a photo and it sold today.  No complaints here.  That's why I'm in this crazy business is to sell all of these treasures.  Thanks for visiting.
I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs        The Graphics Fairy     Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants        Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    Fishtail Cottage
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity   Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           It's Overflowing

12 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

These are wonderful and are getting harder and harder to find. LOVE old powder tins and perfume bottles!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

What great finds! It looks like you had a good shopping day. Have a fun 4th.

Jody

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What great finds, Maggie! It certainly paid for you to check out that booth. I love those books! They would have had me drooling just over the cover colors and designs.

NanaDiana said...

You found some wonderful things, Maggie. I LOVE those old bottles and those books are amazing! xo Diana

miss flibbertigibbet said...

WOW...what great finds! And to think I was excited bc I recently found a box of "french" stockings...LOL You really grabbed some goodies!

Anne said...

Maggie,
Great finds!Love old advertising boxes,signs it is all good!And I have a weakness for old bottles too.
(((Hugs))))
Anne

Nothing But Blue Skies... said...

GREAT finds, Maggie!

Love the bottles and boxes, and I am IN LOVE with that squirrel! He's adorable!!

xo-Lisa

White Lace and Promises said...

I love all your treasures! Just my style. Thanks for dropping in for a visit. I appreciate your nice comments.

Covenant Lights by Dorothy said...

Ohhhhh, those boxes with the bottles are amazing! SO beautiful. You truly found some treasures.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, what great buys! I am dying for the extract bottles and powder boxes...Oh ya, I love everything

Carol

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

love all the old stuff you've gathered.

Honey at 2805 said...

Thank you for sharing these lovely vintage treasures at Potpourri Friday at 2805!