HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint

A few weeks ago I purchased a sample packet of Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint from my friend Miss Flibbertigibbet.  The sample packet comes with several different whites and each packet will cover a small project.

For this project I decided to try the ironstone white.  I didn't use the binding agent because I wanted the paint to flake off so my caddy would look like it had aged naturally.  In the following photo you can see what one coat of the paint looks like as opposed to the wood in the middle that already has two coats of paint applied to it.
The next photo is my caddy before I applied any paint at all.

 After I applied two coats of paint and left it to thoroughly dry for 24 hours, I took my paint scraper and just gently ran it across my finish.
You can see by the finished product that the paint flaked away nicely leaving me with a chippy painted finish which is exactly what I wanted.

If you would like to try Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint, contact Miss Flibbertigibbet.  She carries the complete line.  As always, thanks for visiting.

I may be partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
                                  
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           


12 comments:

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I'll have to get some. I tried it at Have last year but really want to do a whole piece of furniture with it. I might be getting some soon.
As always love the project.

Gail said...

Hi Maggie, I haven't tried MMS Milk paint yet! I think I might just have to order some. Your caddy looks great. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Gail

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Thanks for the shout out Maggie! Paint is flying out of the new store! I just sent for a re-order! Glad you liked the results....the chipping is my favorite part!

Jan said...

You have inspired me and your photos knocked me off the indecisive fence I've been sitting on! And I love the red French bakers stand. Great job! -- Jan

NanaDiana said...

Oh-What a fun project. I have not tried those paints yet- xo Diana

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

What great project. Love how it turned out. Gotta love that chalk paint.

Debbie said...

The carrier turned out perfect!!
I've not tried the chalk paint yet, but it looks worth trying now that I've seen your project.
xo

Pendra said...

I just won MMS's new book "Inspired You" and I can't wait to try her paints. I have only worked with homemade chalkpaint and would love to try her milkpaints! Your caddy is so cute, I need to find one somewhere. I love how you stenciled and staged it, looks so sweet!
Hugs,
Pendra

srpprcrftr said...

I've really been meaning to order a sample packet but seems like when I think about it my green stuff is short so then forget it. Get paid next Wed.(finally)our 5th .month in a row of 5 weeks between paydays for SS. Anyway. I want to try it so much so better remember, will have to put up a sticky to remind myself to order it. So glad you shared this project. Love your caddy. Maybe I should have hubs make a couple caddies and paint it with milk paint. Happy Days

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Maggie
It turned out perfect. Love the look and especially the chipping. Milk paint is a wonderful product.
Happy creating
Have a great weekend
XO Celestina Marie

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Looks awesome!You always do a great job!!
Karen

Ivy and Elephants said...

The caddy looks amazing! I'll have to try it.
Hugs,
Patti