HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Metal Drawers in Color

The last couple of years, anything with drawers, small cabinets or cubbies have been very good sellers in our shop.  I picked these up at a flea market about a year ago.  They were the standard issue library card catalog drawers in that drab army green.  I only sold one of them so I decided to give them a makeover with some spray paint.  I like the result.  They now have a very fun look to them and I can think of so many ways to use these.
The first drawer was painted with Krylon Teal spray paint.
The second drawer got a coat of Krylon Jade, sort of a green blue.
The third drawer received a coat of Colonial Red from Rustoleum.  When they were all dry, I wiped them down with Minwax Jacobean stain, finished them with a clear coat and they have a whole new look.  These would even be great with plants in them.
I'm happy to announce the winner of the Ramsign give-away did get back to me.  Congratulations, Marilyn.

Thanks for stopping by everyone.

I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
                                      Debbie Doo's Winter Knock Off Party

Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


8 comments:

Art and Sand said...

Love those metal drawers and the colors you chose.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I can picture that army green color. I think I have a metal box in the garage in that sad state. I love the new colors you chose. The drawers even have a little spot for a label!

Donna said...

I really love those metal drawers, Maggie! The colors are so pretty, and the stain you gave them is perfect. Much more exciting now!!

Pendra said...

Love, the drawers and the color. You're about the 3rd person today I've heard about Jacobean Minwax. I think I'm going to have to check it out!
~ Pendra

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Those are very pretty draws. I love the colors you painted them.

sparklegem said...

What a great idea! They look really nice and the colors you chose are wonderful.

White Lace and Promises said...

Love little cubbies, drawers, and boxes. Great job!

karen@somewhatquirky said...

These look great! The colors are great. You're right they would make awesome planters.