HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wired Cloche

Here is another great find I found at the flea market last week.  We have all seen these in our travels, but I have never purchased one.  At first I thought this lovely lady was a small lamp shade missing her cover, but after working on her, I think she is a pin cushion form.
 Whatever she started out as, now she is a beautiful delicate wire cloche.  I think her porcelain skin is so delicate and she is posed so sweetly showing her modesty.
 I tied off her waist with the sweetest vintage seam binding ribbon I bought from Kathee at Chateau et Jardin.  I have several colors of this ribbon.  It is so romantic.  I have already used it in several of my photos.  Check out Kathee's blog click here.  She has a fabulous style and she sells at American Home in Ventura, California.  She also carries Jeanne D' Arc Living magazine.
Milady is so sweet and modest covering herself in the most delicate way.
I placed her atop a beautiful piece of china with cookies.
This has a very romantic look.  She could be used in the boudoir as well with vintage perfume bottles or beautiful soaps.
Isn't this ribbon to die for?  I haven't asked, but I bet Kathee dyes it herself. 
This is how Milady started out.  I did another project with the lampshade that I also shared this week.
For both of these projects I used the 1/2 inch poultry wire.  It's a smaller gauge for smaller scale projects.  I did each section of her skirt separately.  It took some time, but she was worth it.  If you want to try this, you will need long needle nose pliers and wire cutters.  That's it.  Just cut your wire with the wire cutters and wrap the wire around the form with the pliers. I dry brushed her wire skirt with pewter gray acrylic paint and then dry brushed over that with light ivory just to spot lighten it.  Then, of course, she got the beautiful ribbon sash and she was ready for her debut.  Thanks for visiting us today.  Hope you are having a fabulous week.
Pin It

I'm partying at...


Mondays          The House in the Roses       Le Chateau des Fleurs        The Graphics Fairy
                                      Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage   
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants        Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Tablescape Thursday   Delightfully Inspiring Thursdays
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           It's Overflowing

11 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

She looks beautiful as a cloche. Great idea.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Maggie! I could just see her presiding over a tea. Love the stand you have it all on, too.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Very pretty and clever.

Dee

Unknown said...

Very unique! She turned out beautiful!

kathee said...

Oh wow Maggie~she is sooooo sweet! I would love to have that sweet cloche in my home!! I'm just so amazed at how much talent you have...thank you for posting about my blog and American Home & Garden.....we all appreciate you so much!
xoxokathee

Gail said...

Another beautiful cloche Maggie! I can't wait to try and make one. I already have my lamp shade out!! Enjoy your evening, Gail

NanaDiana said...

What a great idea. I love that wire cloche. It turned out great. I have two of those porcelain "half ladies" that are attached to a little soft brush...kind of like the men's old shaver soap brushes. They belonged to Gramma Hazel and I was told that they were used for brushing their clothes off around the shoulder area....I suppose crumbs and dandruff? Not sure...

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Completely charming, Maggie! She is lovely!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

She is lovely, Maggie. What a great idea!

Marie Arden said...

Cute idea and she is pin cushion or half doll. She is lucky to get a repurposed life as Mistress of Tea!

imsteelefullofscrap said...

She is beautiful