HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tablescape Au Naturel

For this little vignette, I kept things ultra simple and natural.  This isn't usually my look although I love it when I see it in shops and magazines.  It's just a toughy for me because I am a "color" person.  I love color and even shy away from natural furniture.  I always want to add something to the mix.
This table runner is a perfect example.  Just couldn't leave it plain.  Had to add a grain sack stencil albeit in a complementary shade.
 I love these decoupaged apples.  Simple as can be, but boy do I love them.  Covered with French script, they make a perfect decorating accent.  My little hanging bird print has the most color of anything on this table, but it is still very subtle.
The apples are placed in my depression glass plates which I love.  They add an elegant touch to anything because of their facets.   The china is a simple ivory shade of white.  My vase is a beautiful old silver pitcher that has been worn with time exposing the metal underneath the silver plate it once wore.  It's sitting atop my romantic French script covered books to add a little height.
I added simple vintage linen napkins.   Notice anything about the napkin rings?  I used old clothes pins.  The natural wood worked perfectly.
 I used one of my sweet little nests and the stemware my daughter bought me from Anthropologie last year.  Oh yes, I forgot these cute little birds.  I call on them a lot.  They go with just about anything.

So if you are a color phobe like many of my friends, this may be the palette for you.  As always, I love your visits.  Stop by again real soon.  One of these days, I might even prepare a meal for you after I set the table.
Pin It

I'm partying at...


Mondays          The House in the Roses       Debbie Doos         The Graphics Fairy
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage   
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style           Primp         Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild     It's So Very Cheri Bloghop     Ivy and Elephants
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors



15 comments:

Anne said...

Maggie,
Love your table setting.And that burlap runner looks perfect there too.I love the stencil you put on it.I am loving burlap lately.
Anne

Patricia said...

That's a lovely table setting. Can I ask - what is burlap? I've never heard of it here in the UK. Patricia

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Charming tablescape. I, too, like some color!

Miss Gracie's House said...

I LOVE this table...it has all of my favorites!
Rene'

Barbara Jean said...

still LOVE your covered books, and your fruity is too cutie!!

blessings
barbara jean

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Beautiful! I love the feel it evokes!! the fruit are an inspiration to look for some fake fruit at the thrift store and cover them in paper... another project on my my long list of fun things to do!!

Hugs, sherry

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Maggie,

Your tablescape is beautiful. I love the stenciled runner and the covered books.

Dee

chateau chic said...

Your tablescape is lovely. You did a great job with all the naturals and neutrals. I'm like you, I love color and have a hard time leaving it out.
Thanks for stopping by, Mary Alice

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love white and neutrals so naturally I love this vignette. But you have some very nice touches. Especially the runner. Great job! But I LOVE the covered books too. It's all just lovely together.

Debbiedoos said...

So beatiful! You have so many cute touches on this table. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party..always a pleasure to have you.

Geneva said...

What a sweet tablescape and so beautifully photographed. There are so many elements in this tablescape that inspire me...Thank You!
Blessings!
Geneva

Anonymous said...

A lovely vignette.
Pat

Aledia said...

This is just beautiful! I love it all..
Have a wonderful night and thank you for sharing!

Aledia @ Plum Perfect

Marlis said...

So subtle and elegant. Love the vignette you put together.. fabulous.. xo marlis

Barbara said...

This may not be your normal look but you pulled it off to perfection. I just love the quiet, elegant feel of this. Your apples are so pretty! Did you make them? I like the combination of textures on this table. So well done!