HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Paris Market in Savannah

Last week we took a trip I have wanted to take for at least 10 years.  We traveled to Savannah, Georgia and Charleston, South Carolina.

I read about this shop on Savvy Southern Style's blog a couple of weeks before we were supposed to leave and I was determined not to miss it.  It's called The Paris Market.  If you love home decor and are a "junker" as myself, you too would fall in love with this shop.  It's located at 36 West Broughton Street which is the main shopping street in Savannah.  It's about two blocks from Paula Deen's restaurant.

 When we first entered the shop, I spotted the beverage bar right away.  I do have to warn you, my photos from this trip are laden with lots of signage and menu boards.  I am obsessed with menu boards as well as vintage and antique signs and, of course, anything French.

The flavors for their beverages are framed in this beautiful old gold frame.
 The first thing I spotted was this decanter of water with strawberries and mint.  I have seen lemons before which is the usual, but the red and the green really stood out and looked so pleasing to the eyes.
 Usually these flavor bottles are hidden behind the counter, but here they are prominently displayed.  I think the labels are very attractive.  I actually wish I had some of them.  Hummm?  Wonder how I can get my hands on some of these.

 Just so you know, I did ask permission to take all these photos.  I am really bummed that the next pic is blurry, but on the back wall of the main part of the first floor are these brightly lit letters spelling out Paris just in case you didn't know everything in the shop was French.
 There were quite a few religious nuances including this niche with what I call Methuselah.  She's covered in shells.
Now these following photos were obviously not taken in The Paris Market, but I thought I would throw in a couple photos of myself.  I do want you to know I hate having my photograph taken, but my daughter insisted.
 The things I do for a family vacation.  I will be sharing many more photos from this shop and this trip, but right now these are just the teasers.  Thanks for stopping by.

I'm partying at...


Mondays          The House in the Roses       Debbie Doos         The Graphics Fairy
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage   
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style           Primp         Faded Charm Cottage       
                                     Fine Craft Guild
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors



9 comments:

Kirby Carespodi said...

One of my faves! I love Savannah--my husband and I go there or Charleston every other year. (I prefer Savannah--he prefers Charleston--so we alternate.) Glad you had a good time!

Unknown said...

Lucky! This is a trip I want to take too! Please share more pics asap!!! Love that paris market. ( HUGS)

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I traveled through Savannah only once and have always wanted to go again....thanks for sharing...love that Paris shop!
Lorraine

Annette T. said...

I'm so jealous. I have promised my daughter that we are going there one day.

chateau chic said...

Sounds like a very fun trip!
Thanks for stopping by, Mary Alice

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh I have never heard of that shop what fun!! I can't wait for the pictures

Carol

Our Pinteresting Family said...

I love Savannah. :) Megan

Patty said...

Such a neat place. I love to go there. Great pictures!

Stacey said...

Looks like you had a fabulous trip! And what a cool shop!
Thanks for coming by to link up...I would love to have you back this week!
See you there!
Stacey of Embracing Change