HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Friday, February 10, 2012

Vintage Valentine Graphics

Before I do today's post, I want to thank Bliss  http://blissranch.blogspot.com/  from the bottom of my heart for making me my very own linky button.  Thank you so much.  I am also using larger text after reading Kim's message.  Her blog is Cheap Chic Home http://cheapchichome.blogspot.com/.  I have worried that my text was too small and now I am convinced it was.  Thanks, Kim. 

I know I promised French Typography this week, but before Valentine's Day slips away, let me share a couple of my own personal treasures from my ephemera collection.

I actually found this beautiful graphic cut this way.  Not sure why it was cut, but I have saved it for years.  It's very old paper and although I have seen similar images, I have not seen this particular one.  The second graphic is a vintage postcard and I actually used this one when I used to sell on Ebay.  My store name was Pocket Full of Roses and this was a great image to use for that.  Then my last image is a magnificent example of my friend Markell's calligraphy.  Would you believe this is her free-hand calligraphy?  She did it for some one's wedding a few years back and she was kind enough to share it with a few of her friends.  I have also saved this for years and will cherish it always.








 Pin It

4 comments:

Crafts a la Mode said...

Nice old Valentines.

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

Bliss said...

I want a blog called Cherub Butts. How cute is that? Bet it's taken huh?

~Bliss~

Gypsy Heart said...

Beautiful!

xo
Pat

Barbara Jean said...

Beautiful.

blessings
barb