HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Saturday, February 4, 2012

French Feed Sack Lamp

I found this lamp quite sometime ago and always planned on covering it with burlap and putting some lettering on it.  As with my No Sew Ottoman project this week, I already had this feed sack stencil that I purchased through Maison de Stencils.  I absolutely love this one.  The shade was an off white shade and the more I pondered it, I thought why make more work for myself than I already have.  I applied the stencil to the shade as it was in its original condition.  Sometimes we crafters over think our projects and make more of something than it needs to be (at least that's the way I usually do things).  I used painter's tape to attach the stencil to the shade, otherwise it would have been a little difficult to work on the curved surface.  I think the lettered shade makes all the difference in the world.  It's not a plain Jane anymore.
It's all in the details, isn't it?




4 comments:

Bliss said...

You make the cutest stuff!

~Bliss~

Gypsy Heart said...

I LOVE it! You can send it on to me ~ :-)

xo
Pat

Debbiedoos said...

I love it too Maggie. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

Lavender and Linen said...

I think it lovely! You did a fabulous job!