HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Monday, December 5, 2011

Great Find Cabinet

Over the weekend I sold my industrial steel cabinet and set out to fill the space that was vacated with something really special.  I searched Craig's List for quite some time.  Now I love Craig's List.  Don't get me wrong.  But lately I have had issues with people getting back to me or not deleting a listing when it is sold.  So I found this listing under the "antique" section which it is not.  It is a reproduction cabinet, but nonetheless, it is fabulous and very well made.  It was also listed as a curio cabinet which I would not classify it as that either.  I have a sneaking suspicion I am the only person that called on this beauty and the owner quickly returned my call.   In any event, I was meant to have it.  I fell in love with the beveled glass, the slanted display cubbies in the center of the cabinet and the hardware is all there and beautiful and up to date.  What more could I want?  No repairs, no painting, just a little dusting off and she was ready to go.
I filled her with my Glitterfest Roses and some tarnished silver pieces for the holidays and she is ready to rock and roll.
Check out the hardware.  Isn't she beautiful.  I'm feel'n real fortunate right now.   Sometimes you just get lucky!


Furniture Feature Fridays

No comments: