HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Friday, May 10, 2013

White on White Raised Plaster Panel

Today I wanted to show you the second raised plaster panel I did with the same stencil I used last week.  I really disliked the panel I painted in Duck Egg Blue last week while I was working on it, but then when I applied the wax, it was really transformed.  I still thought I would like the white on white better, but in reality neither myself or my husband are as happy with it as the first panel.  My husband thinks I should have gone over the raised plaster with a lighter white, and he may be right.  Lucky for me I have one more of these cabinet doors, so guess what I'll be doing next week.


It's pretty, but it doesn't have that old world charm that my first panel did.
The contrast of the two colors really does make a huge difference.  I'll keep working on this.  I love the idea of the raised plaster and I also have to tell you that this is very sturdy.  Don't ask me how, it just is.  For instructions on this method here is the
tutorial.

Thanks for visiting.  I have new projects planned and I also have an art class next week with Rita Reade of Mammabellart.blogspot.com.  She is teaching a sign painting class and a soldering class.  Yes, I'm playing hooky for one day to take a class with one of my friends from Christie Repasy's class.  So hopefully I will have something to share on that end too.  Have a great weekend.
I may be partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
            
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           


6 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

It looks great Maggie.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love both of them. I have done the raised stencil, but you really took it to new heights..I love the idea of adding more spackle! I am so jealous that you are taking a soldering class, I would love to do that...Oh the things you will make!!

Carol

Irene Helms Designs said...

Absolutely beautiful! Another amazing transformation Maggie!

Irene

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I like both of them, Maggie! Have fun at your class. Happy Mother's Day!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I like them both! The art class sounds like fun. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Susie said...

I like the white on blue look. Hope you have fun in class. Happy mother's day to you. xoxo,Susie