HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Witching Hour

Today I went to a Halloween Tea hosted by my friend Sue.  Sue and her family love Halloween and you can tell by the way she decorates.  I took several photos which I will be sharing with you for the next couple of days.  I love huge clock faces any day of the year, but check out how Sue transformed these for this special holiday.  I remember being with her at the flea market when she found this niche vase.  Isn't it something attached to this clock face?

 I think this next one is my favorite because I love black and gold.  It's a large clock face with a civil war soldier portrait and a small round mirror with a beautiful ornate gold frame.  Kind of eerie, don't you think?
 Here is another unique clock face with a skeletal image imposed on the center.  Aren't these cleverly done?  I bet these are easy to store too because they are flat.
Everywhere we looked there were busts of those who have passed on.  I love this gray and white map with the black letters superimposed on the glass.
 Here is the pet cemetery.  It's one of the first things you see when you enter the yard.  Sue even found a wooden box that looked like a tiny coffin for dolls.  She comes up with the coolest ideas.
The place was crawling with these huge spiders.   They were climbing everywhere.   Don't they look real?
 Then there is the guy on the left.  He just hung around while we enjoyed our tea.
 So did this ghostly couple below.  I'll be sharing more before Halloween.  Sue has quite the collection of girlish ghoulish things!
Thanks for your visit.  Drop in and hang around any time.

I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


11 comments:

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

How fun! I Love everything she's done for Halloween. She sounds like a very cool friend. I'd love to go to a Halloween tea!!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Love all the clocks! Your friend is so creative! Love the tour! Thanks for sharing.

Jody

Rhissanna said...

Oh yes, I always love big clocks, specially with roman numerals. What inspiring pictures!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a fun house to visit this time of year. Of course I zoomed in on that fabulous old cabinet!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the large clock faces, Maggie. It looks like your friend, Sue, has a lot of fun decorating for Halloween.

Tina said...

I love what Sue did with the clock faces. What a fun home to visit. Thank you for sharing. Can't wait to see the rest.

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

I don't drink tea but I would to attend that party! Love the clocks and the pet cemetery is perfectly creepy. TFS!! :)

chateau chic said...

Her family and friends must have a lot of fun hanging out with all the Halloween decor.
Mary Alice

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Those clocks are well done! The spiders really are creepy. I would find it hard to swallow my tea.

Bliss said...

Of course I would love to have tea with your friend. I pinned a sign, and I love the clocks. But the first clock, well that little center thing reminds me of a lil winky! What can I say.

Bliss

The Charm of Home said...

This is fantastic! Love the mantel so much! Will feature next week at Home Sweet Home! Thank you of for joining me!
Sherry