HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Beautiful Book Covers

I found the inspiration to do this project at Confessions of a Plate Addict's blog.  She has a beautiful blog and I have just become a loyal follower of hers.  To see her tutorial  click here.    
 For the first stack of books I used one of my vintage French typography sheets.  I copied it three times and then placed it strategically on the book bindings so it would read across.  I just realized that I did not share this image with you so it will be the focus of tomorrow's post.  I love this French paper.  For the actual cover of the books I used brown mailing paper which I purchased at Walmart.  Basically the cost of this project is finding three books that match in size.  I purchased mine at a thrift store for $1 each.  Don't limit yourself to three books either.  You could do a whole row depending on how wide your image is.
 This look is totally romantic which is definitely my style.
 Here is an image I got from the Graphics Fairy.  It is a new image of hers.  I absolutely love it.  To use this image click here.

 Isn't this a fabulous decorating idea?  It makes a great presentation.  I hope you will give it a try.

Pin It

I'm partying at...


Mondays          The House in the Roses       Debbie Doos         The Graphics Fairy
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage   
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style           Primp         Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild     It's So Very Cheri Bloghop     Ivy and Elephants
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Tablescape Thursday
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors



23 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Those are darling! I love them---beautiful really! Sorry you have to fight the traffic. I quit my day job in November and it still seems weird not to work everyday. xo Diana

Unknown said...

Wow! You have great French treasures!
Newest follower on GFC, would love a follow back!
Frenchy

http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

chateau chic said...

Hi Maggie,
Covering books like this does make a great display.
Love the idea.
Thanks for stopping by, Mary Alice

Karena said...

The books are so beautiful!! I love the French Script!

I hope you will come see my new Annie Sloan Projects revealed!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

The Polka Dot Closet said...

That is wonderful, I love how you staggered the graphics of the last books! your right really romantic

Carol

Bliss said...

Oh you were thinking lady, those are awesome!

Bliss

Donna said...

What a terrific idea! I especially love the stack with the print from the Graphics Fairy. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea! Just love the way they turned out. :-)

Janis@All Things Beautiful said...

These are gorgeous!! Thanks for the tip about the brown paper at WalMart!! You do lovely work!! I'm pinning these!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

The books are so pretty! Thanks for the shout out! Love the way all of the sets turned out! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Ika Verunica said...

Prekrasna ideja!!!!
Pozdrav iz Hrvatske.

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

What a sweet idea! I had seen some others but never really understood how they were doing it. Thanks for sharing this. I'm a new follower.
come visit me..
http://betty-southerngrace.blogspot.com/

Barbara Jean said...

The way you've done your books is awesome!!!!
I pinned the graphics on the word one. Do you have the angels/cherubs somewhere for us to use??

thanks
barbara jean

Beth said...

What a stunning display this makes! I love the idea of creating the image across all the book bindings.

miss flibbertigibbet said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
Blessings, Lorraine

Auro @ Add that Xtra in the Ordinary said...

Oh how lovely these book covers look you have a lovely blog here am your newest follower, would love it if you would drop by mine.

STARDUST said...

Well Miss Little Maggie, love love your book covers! I think it's a brilliant idea and I'm seriously considering of copy-pasting it! lol!
Love, Olga
P.S.: your newest follower!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Soo pretty!!! I love them! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Linda Leyble said...

How lovely! I will try this because I love how the antique books look (but I don't love the expense!)- great project.

Linda

The Charm of Home said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Beautiful! I'm pinning this to remember.

Have a lovely weekend!
Deborah

Geneva said...

Congratulations on your feature at Knick of Time...
This is a wonderful idea and so tastefully done. Thank you for sharing!
Blessings!
Geneva

Annabel said...

I am in love with your blog! This project is gorgeous thank you!
Have a wonderful Christmas,
Annabel.
http://thebluebirdsarenesting.blogspot.com.au/