HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Monday, February 27, 2012

Red and White

We are transitioning into spring, my favorite time of the year!  Today I wanted to do a table scape featuring some of my favorite things.  My daughter was skeptical about this one, but in the end I think I won her over.  I included my newest favorite that my husband just completed.  The birdhouse chandelier.  I am supposed to sell this, but I am having a hard time parting with it.  Maybe I'll keep it for another month until I tire of it.  Yeah, like that's going to happen.  It looks great in front of the old windowed mirrors, doesn't it?
 I got these red goblets a few years back.  They were sort of an unnecessary splurge, but I have used them and used them and used them.  They go with a fall table scape, Christmas, a special tea, 4th of July and so on and so on.  The red silverware is the same story except that it's my daughter's and I will have to part with it when she moves out.  Darn, maybe she'll let me keep them.  I will buy her a new set.
 We stopped in at Tuesday Morning on our way home today, and they had this adorable little cupcake holder.  I saw one of these on Miss Mustard Seed's blog and fell in love with it.  Isn't it darling?  It came with a little dome, but the dome wouldn't fit over the Crumbs cupcake.  These are mega cupcakes.  Certainly enough for two.
o
Now check out these napkin rings.  I love to go to high end specialty shops to get ideas.  There is one in particular that I go to that carries a lot of French items and her specialty is kitchen design (wish I could show you some of her designs).  She does over-the-top table scapes and in one of them last year she had some incredible geranium napkin rings.  It was love at first sight for me.  They were gorgeous!  I checked out the price and they were $39.  That's right.  That was for one napkin ring.  Yikes!  A little over my budget.  Granted hers were velvet, but still.  So yesterday I wanted to use that type of napkin ring for my table scape.  I rummaged around and found two fat curtain hanger loops with a clip on them.  I cut off the clip and wrapped floral tape around them.  You could use velvet or grosgrain ribbon to make them a little classier, but for spring floral tape was in order.  Then I rummaged in my "silk" pile and found a geranium sprig.  It had two flowers on it.  That was all I needed to complete the look.  The wire was still poking up where I cut the clip off so I plucked the flower off of its stem and plopped it onto the wire and hot glued it.  They are actually very secure on there. 


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll come back often.
Pin It













2 comments:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Very cute table! Love the chandy!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful garden scene!! Love the red and white chairs!!
Everything looks so crisp and clean!!
Hugs,
Debbie